[ddots-l] Re: Bouncing finished projects to mp3 files

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 17:19:28 -0400

thanks Mike.

With more an more people using broadband connections, not to mention faster WIFI/celular connections, please encode higher than 128K. *grin*

At 05:03 PM 9/16/2013, you wrote:
Hi Chris - and List,

I wanted to jump in here and relate my experience with converting to MP3 files.

For a while I was using Gold Wave to do it until the last few versions came out. For anyone using that program, you know that it uses Lame for the encoder. I discovered that Gold Wave was converting files at a lower quality, and I couldn't change it; so I'm using Switch Sound File Converter, and it'll allow you to set the parameters so that you can get a high quality stereo MP3 file at a bit rate of 128-KBPS. The program is accessible, so there shouldn't be an issue with that; I realize that there are a host of programs out there that'll do the same thing, but at least it can be done without having to deal with it through Sonar. I generally convert from a 24-bit Wave file, and I can go lower than that for MP3 files if necessary - and they still sound halfway decent.

Just my two cents - for what it's worth.

Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Smart" <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>